First Try, Second Guess?
I am compelled to start my first blog with the traditional:
Well, now that we’ve been formally introduced, why not take your coat off and stay a while? Sorry about the no-coat rack thing; just moved, haven’t finished decking the place out.
Alright, so, though I suppose if anyone reads this they will likely already know me, I figure I should get some basics down on paper here. That is what you do in beginings, right?
– Yesterday was my 26th birthday. Overall it was pretty slow and chill. Not sure how much you can do on a Thursday night when friends that somehow seem to have all become sober. By the way, yes, that means I’m a Gemini and I think it’s pretty fitting.
– I’m 5’10”, I definately need to get in shape, but I can still give you tickets to the gun show.
– I’m probably more proud of my calves that I should be. Wanna take a look?
– I live and work in Central Phoenix. I lived in Midtown for almost 5 years, just moved down to Central & Roosevelt 8 days ago. So far it’s wicked awesome. Just driving around the neighborhood and figuring out which routes to take to avoid traffic and one-ways; still doesn’t relaly seem like I “live” here.
– Sometimes my hair looks like Collossus from the X-Men. I’m actually rather proud of this somedays.
– I am Catholic, though I’ve gone to church less than 5 times in the last year, and maybe twice in the decade before that. Last time I went to church, I took the girl I was seeing at the time and during the whole “peace be with you” part, I totally grabbed her butt out of habit. I like to think JC gave me a big thumbs-up on that one.
– I’ve had a few different jobs in my lifetime (landscaper, errand-boy, ball-boy, burger-flipper, cashier, etc), but I’ve worked for U-Haul now since I was a Senior in High School. Never thought that I’d still be there. Honestly, sometimes I still wonder what it is I “want to do when I grow up”, but for now, this job pays the bills and give me minimal stress.
– Just typing about work right now made me log in to my e-mail to see how things are going on my day off.
– A couple years ago I would have said that Hip-Hop was the love of my life. Now, I’m not sure if it’s just that I’m getting old, or that Hip-Hop has let me down, but my playlist is almost entirely rock these days.
– I have a rule to never drink alone. I’ve given up alcohol for Lent twice already. The second time was much easier than the first, though it’s still tough to say no to cute girls with tequila and surprizingly deep navels.
– I can be totally random and yet somehow still think what I’m saying is totally related. Nothing like existensialism for you, eh?
By the way, here’s a pic I took of myself yesterday. I was at the library and somebody sent me an urgent request to see what I looked like at exactly that minute. Not the greatest of grins, but on short notice it works.